Windows 11
justan
2024-01-17 16:42:57 UTC
Was having problems with older windows laptop running windows 10.
Bought a generic bare bones windows brick without keyboard or screen but
had all the necessary jacks and mini HDMI cable .

Boots quickly.
Finds devices and automatically loads drivers.

A couple of issues that I found:

Firefox wont run properly. Widely reported on intern
Windows updates got screwed up. I thought it was caused by anti virus
interfering but still not working after removing antivirus. Had to reset
and re download windows to get windows update working.
Pocquito Loco
2024-01-17 23:31:50 UTC
Post by justan
Was having problems with older windows laptop running windows 10.
Bought a generic bare bones windows brick without keyboard or screen but
had all the necessary jacks and mini HDMI cable .
Boots quickly.
Finds devices and automatically loads drivers.
Firefox wont run properly. Widely reported on intern
Windows updates got screwed up. I thought it was caused by anti virus
interfering but still not working after removing antivirus. Had to reset
and re download windows to get windows update working.
I started having problems with Firefox and Windows 10. Finally just
went to Chrome. No problems since.
justan
2024-01-20 04:42:51 UTC
Post by Pocquito Loco
Post by justan
Was having problems with older windows laptop running windows 10.
Bought a generic bare bones windows brick without keyboard or screen but
had all the necessary jacks and mini HDMI cable .
Boots quickly.
Finds devices and automatically loads drivers.
Firefox wont run properly. Widely reported on intern
Windows updates got screwed up. I thought it was caused by anti virus
interfering but still not working after removing antivirus. Had to reset
and re download windows to get windows update working.
I started having problems with Firefox and Windows 10. Finally just
went to Chrome. No problems since.
Good luck with Chrome.

I've done a clean windows 10 install on my laptop. And it still takes
over 2 minutes to boot up. Perhaps because it's a 2017 machine and the
resources aren't strong enough to handle windows 10. So I'm going to
toss the laptop.
The little brick boots fast running Windows 11. I may use Duck Duck Go
as a search engine.
Pocquito Loco
2024-01-20 20:17:24 UTC
Post by justan
Post by Pocquito Loco
Post by justan
[...]
Take a basic Windows class. I'm sure you can sit in on one at the
local highschool unless your pedophilia trial ended in conviction?
justan
2024-01-21 19:47:59 UTC
Post by Pocquito Loco
Post by justan
Post by Pocquito Loco
Post by justan
[...]
Shouldn't you be studying for your IQ test, idiot?
Pocquito Loco
2024-01-21 00:33:37 UTC
Post by justan
Post by Pocquito Loco
Post by justan
[...]
I'm very happy with Duck Duck Go, although the title reminds me of
Donny, as does the little duck.
g***@aol.com
2024-01-22 00:50:38 UTC
Post by justan
resources aren't strong enough to handle windows 10. So I'm going to
toss the laptop.
Toss it this way. I will pay shipping and whatever extra you think it
is worth. I might load W/98 on it.
Justan
2024-01-22 02:35:47 UTC
You got it.
***@duck.com
--
no vota democrata

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
justan
2024-01-24 18:44:57 UTC
Post by Justan
You got it.
Got your laptop ready. Leave your email or phone # at ***@duck.com
Pocquito Loco
2024-01-24 21:20:01 UTC
Post by Justan
You got it.
Did you change email?
Pocquito Loco
2024-02-04 00:24:32 UTC
Post by Justan
You got it.
Is this your throw-away porn email?

waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com
2024-01-20 21:26:40 UTC
Post by justan
Was having problems with older windows laptop running windows 10.
Bought a generic bare bones windows brick without keyboard or screen but
had all the necessary jacks and mini HDMI cable .
Boots quickly.
Finds devices and automatically loads drivers.
Firefox wont run properly. Widely reported on intern
Windows updates got screwed up. I thought it was caused by anti virus
interfering but still not working after removing antivirus. Had to reset
and re download windows to get windows update working.
===

I bought an inexpensive Windows 11 laptop a while ago. It has a solid state "hard disk" which is blazing fast - boots up in seconds. The new interface takes a little getting used to but everything is working great, including Firefox.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08B6F1NNR
Alex
2024-01-21 03:59:51 UTC
Post by ***@hotmail.com
Post by justan
Was having problems with older windows laptop running windows 10.
Bought a generic bare bones windows brick without keyboard or screen but
had all the necessary jacks and mini HDMI cable .
Boots quickly.
Finds devices and automatically loads drivers.
Firefox wont run properly. Widely reported on intern
Windows updates got screwed up. I thought it was caused by anti virus
interfering but still not working after removing antivirus. Had to reset
and re download windows to get windows update working.
===
I bought an inexpensive Windows 11 laptop a while ago. It has a solid state "hard disk" which is blazing fast - boots up in seconds. The new interface takes a little getting used to but everything is working great, including Firefox.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08B6F1NNR
I bought a Windows 11 laptop for my RV.  We use it about once a month
and it seems like it needs an update every time I turn it on.
345...@gmail.com
2024-01-21 17:52:03 UTC
Post by justan
Was having problems with older windows laptop running windows 10.
Bought a generic bare bones windows brick without keyboard or screen but
had all the necessary jacks and mini HDMI cable .
Boots quickly.
Finds devices and automatically loads drivers.
Firefox wont run properly. Widely reported on intern
Windows updates got screwed up. I thought it was caused by anti virus
interfering but still not working after removing antivirus. Had to reset
and re download windows to get windows update working.
===
I bought an inexpensive Windows 11 laptop a while ago. It has a solid state "hard disk" which is blazing fast - boots up in seconds. The new interface takes a little getting used to but everything is working great, including Firefox.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08B6F1NNR
SSD's have really changed the game as far as speed goes... boot time is slashed, as is the loading time for running anything stored on it. I like also having a conventional large hard drive to store data on, like pictures, video, documents. I recently bought and setup a new NAS appliance (network attached storage) and automated the backups to it from both of our PCs. That, along with some cloud storage, should ensure that I won't lose any important data if something croaks. As all of our lives have moved to digital storage of important stuff, it has become imperative to make sure you have backups. If your primary PC suddenly died, how painful would it be to carry on?

In my job we provided mission-critical communications equipment to major corporations and government agencies, and there were two disaster scenarios that you have to plan for. White powder, and smoking black hole. IOW, the facility is contaminated and we have to resume work at another location (but the equipment is still functional), or the facility is now a smoking black hole and we have to resume at a new, replicated facility. The white powder scenario will likely never be a consideration at your home but the black hole, on a smaller scale, is a failed hard drive or PC. Backups are important, and off-site backups are cheap insurance.