I aint no bomber
Katie Ohara
2009-09-25 01:25:45 UTC
I see the FBI arrested this guy in CO for trying to make an Al Queda
bomb using Hydrogen peroxide and Acetone. The FBI contacted places
asking if anybody had bought lots of either chemical. Dang, I use
lots of both and making a bomb never occurred to me. Y'all can come
search my lab.

Frogwatch (aka David OHara)
Don White
2009-09-25 02:21:11 UTC
Post by Katie Ohara
I see the FBI arrested this guy in CO for trying to make an Al Queda
bomb using Hydrogen peroxide and Acetone. The FBI contacted places
asking if anybody had bought lots of either chemical. Dang, I use
lots of both and making a bomb never occurred to me. Y'all can come
search my lab.
Frogwatch (aka David OHara)
Well...if they ever put that info together with your wacky comments about
Obama..........
better build yourself a bunker!
Frogwatch
2009-09-25 02:23:44 UTC
Post by Don White
Post by Katie Ohara
I see the FBI arrested this guy in CO for trying to make an Al Queda
bomb using Hydrogen peroxide and Acetone.  The FBI contacted places
asking if anybody had bought lots of either chemical.  Dang, I use
lots of both and making a bomb never occurred to me.  Y'all can come
search my lab.
Frogwatch (aka David OHara)
Well...if they ever put that info together with your wacky comments about
Obama..........
better build yourself a bunker!
This guy was buying nail polish remover to use instead of just buying
a gallon of acetone at a hardware store. Can't you see him pouring
all the stuff from those tiny bottles of nail polish remover, dumbass.
SteveB
2009-09-25 04:34:14 UTC
Post by Don White
Post by Katie Ohara
I see the FBI arrested this guy in CO for trying to make an Al Queda
bomb using Hydrogen peroxide and Acetone. The FBI contacted places
asking if anybody had bought lots of either chemical. Dang, I use
lots of both and making a bomb never occurred to me. Y'all can come
search my lab.
Frogwatch (aka David OHara)
Well...if they ever put that info together with your wacky comments about
Obama..........
better build yourself a bunker!
Shit. I once wanted to go buy some iodine. It is great for putting on
splinters, as the splinter sucks it up, and you can see what to dig out.
Same with mercurochrome. I could not find a place that sold it. It was
like banned, and they could not sell it. I have since moved to a very small
community, and don't know if it is available or not. Maybe in a farm store,
which there are many around here. A couple of ounces would last ten years.
Boy, we used to put that on everything, and it sure burns.

Steve
thunder
2009-09-25 10:46:45 UTC
Post by SteveB
Shit. I once wanted to go buy some iodine. It is great for putting on
splinters, as the splinter sucks it up, and you can see what to dig out.
Same with mercurochrome. I could not find a place that sold it. It was
like banned, and they could not sell it. I have since moved to a very
small community, and don't know if it is available or not. Maybe in a
farm store, which there are many around here. A couple of ounces would
last ten years. Boy, we used to put that on everything, and it sure
burns.
Steve
You stirred fond, well maybe not so fond, memories. Apparently, iodine
can be used in the manufacture of methamphetamine.

http://www.avma.org/onlnews/javma/aug07/070815d.asp
Keith Nuttle
2009-09-25 12:30:10 UTC
Post by thunder
Post by SteveB
Shit. I once wanted to go buy some iodine. It is great for putting on
splinters, as the splinter sucks it up, and you can see what to dig out.
Same with mercurochrome. I could not find a place that sold it. It was
like banned, and they could not sell it. I have since moved to a very
small community, and don't know if it is available or not. Maybe in a
farm store, which there are many around here. A couple of ounces would
last ten years. Boy, we used to put that on everything, and it sure
burns.
Steve
You stirred fond, well maybe not so fond, memories. Apparently, iodine
can be used in the manufacture of methamphetamine.
http://www.avma.org/onlnews/javma/aug07/070815d.asp
Anyone know why we can not buy mercurochrome. It did not sting and was
great for taking care of infections.
Don White
2009-09-25 12:55:45 UTC
Post by Keith Nuttle
Post by thunder
Post by SteveB
Shit. I once wanted to go buy some iodine. It is great for putting on
splinters, as the splinter sucks it up, and you can see what to dig out.
Same with mercurochrome. I could not find a place that sold it. It was
like banned, and they could not sell it. I have since moved to a very
small community, and don't know if it is available or not. Maybe in a
farm store, which there are many around here. A couple of ounces would
last ten years. Boy, we used to put that on everything, and it sure
burns.
Steve
You stirred fond, well maybe not so fond, memories. Apparently, iodine
can be used in the manufacture of methamphetamine.
http://www.avma.org/onlnews/javma/aug07/070815d.asp
Anyone know why we can not buy mercurochrome. It did not sting and was
great for taking care of infections.
That old 'mercury' can be scary stuff.
We always had it growing up and found it was milder than iodine when applied
to cuts & scrapes.
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2518/what-happened-to-mercurochrome
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-mercurochrome.htm
The D
Good Googling, dummy!
Jim
2009-09-26 13:04:21 UTC
Post by The D
Post by Don White
Post by Keith Nuttle
Post by thunder
Post by SteveB
[...]
Isn't that the stuff the Canuckistani babes mix with baby oil and spread
all over their bodies to produce that golden tan?
The D
2009-09-27 01:13:22 UTC
Post by Jim
Post by The D
Post by Don White
Post by Keith Nuttle
Post by thunder
Post by SteveB
[...]
It might be. Dumb Donnie has all day to look that shit up. Maybe he
can help.
JustWait
2009-09-25 13:18:34 UTC
Post by thunder
Post by SteveB
Shit. I once wanted to go buy some iodine. It is great for putting on
splinters, as the splinter sucks it up, and you can see what to dig out.
Same with mercurochrome. I could not find a place that sold it. It was
like banned, and they could not sell it. I have since moved to a very
small community, and don't know if it is available or not. Maybe in a
farm store, which there are many around here. A couple of ounces would
last ten years. Boy, we used to put that on everything, and it sure
burns.
Steve
You stirred fond, well maybe not so fond, memories. Apparently, iodine
can be used in the manufacture of methamphetamine.
http://www.avma.org/onlnews/javma/aug07/070815d.asp
I tried to get some Salt Peter for smoking meat. My FIL used it as a
preservative. The pharmacy said they could get me some, then a week
later changed their mind. By the conversation, I assumed "somebody" else
changed their minds for them...
--
Dad loves his family, and he was a soldier. He wanted us all to remember
that...
Wayne.B
2009-09-25 15:25:41 UTC
On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 09:18:34 -0400, JustWait
Post by JustWait
I tried to get some Salt Peter for smoking meat. My FIL used it as a
preservative. The pharmacy said they could get me some, then a week
later changed their mind. By the conversation, I assumed "somebody" else
changed their minds for them...
Saltpeter is potassium nitrate, a key ingredient of gunpowder among
other things. It can be ordered online.

http://www.skylighter.com/potassium-nitrate.html
Don White
2009-09-25 15:35:15 UTC
Post by JustWait
I tried to get some Salt Peter for smoking meat. My FIL used it as a
preservative. The pharmacy said they could get me some, then a week
later changed their mind. By the conversation, I assumed "somebody" else
changed their minds for them...
Saltpeter is potassium nitrate, a key ingredient of gunpowder among
other things. It can be ordered online.
http://www.skylighter.com/potassium-nitrate.html
Sounds like someone is aware of JustHates rantings & ravings here and wisely
nixed his purchase.
g***@aol.com
I bet that gets you on a list
Wayne.B
2009-09-26 14:29:38 UTC
Post by JustWait
I tried to get some Salt Peter for smoking meat. My FIL used it as a
preservative. The pharmacy said they could get me some, then a week
later changed their mind. By the conversation, I assumed "somebody" else
changed their minds for them...
Saltpeter is potassium nitrate, a key ingredient of gunpowder among
other things. It can be ordered online.
http://www.skylighter.com/potassium-nitrate.html
I bet that gets you on a list
If so, we're both on it now. :-)

PS, we took Vic Smith and his wife for a boat ride on Wednesday
afternoon, and attempted an assault on the mighty Estero River just
for grins. The tides and fates were not with us it seems. Squarely
between the channel markers on the outer approach at R30 there was
less than 20 inches of water so we gave it up as a bad idea.
g***@aol.com
2009-09-26 22:06:56 UTC
On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 10:29:38 -0400, Wayne.B
Post by Wayne.B
PS, we took Vic Smith and his wife for a boat ride on Wednesday
afternoon, and attempted an assault on the mighty Estero River just
for grins. The tides and fates were not with us it seems. Squarely
between the channel markers on the outer approach at R30 there was
less than 20 inches of water so we gave it up as a bad idea.
20 inches of water is "mark twain" around here. That is where the
green mark is on my sounding stick.
The water actually gets deeper once you get in the river. That spot
out there by 30 is where things flatten out.
High tide was around 7PM last Wednesday so you couldn't have got in
too much trouble.
Wayne.B
2009-09-26 23:56:53 UTC
Post by g***@aol.com
High tide was around 7PM last Wednesday so you couldn't have got in
too much trouble.
We were already having trouble getting "unstuck" at 20 inches,
probably could have made it by myself with half fuel but 4 people and
nearly full fuel was just too much.

There was a family in a small outboard runabout diving for stuff out
near R30 when we were there. Any idea what they were catching?
g***@aol.com
2009-09-27 01:43:36 UTC
On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 19:56:53 -0400, Wayne.B
Post by Wayne.B
Post by g***@aol.com
High tide was around 7PM last Wednesday so you couldn't have got in
too much trouble.
We were already having trouble getting "unstuck" at 20 inches,
probably could have made it by myself with half fuel but 4 people and
nearly full fuel was just too much.
There was a family in a small outboard runabout diving for stuff out
near R30 when we were there. Any idea what they were catching?
Was it the DEP people That whole area South of 30 is a sea grass
monitoring site.
Wayne.B
Looked like an ordinary family runabout to me, kids and all.
g***@aol.com
2009-09-27 03:46:43 UTC
On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 22:20:14 -0400, Wayne.B
Post by Wayne.B
Post by g***@aol.com
Post by Wayne.B
There was a family in a small outboard runabout diving for stuff out
near R30 when we were there. Any idea what they were catching?
Was it the DEP people That whole area South of 30 is a sea grass
monitoring site.
Looked like an ordinary family runabout to me, kids and all.
I don't know of anything you would dive for there unless they were
just sight seeing. My fecal; coliform numbers in the river would keep
me from using the shellfish for anything but bait.

I need to update this table but you get the picture.
http://gfretwell.com/ebers2.htm

You can walk all the way to Weeks and never get much more than waist
deep if you stay out of the few holes out there. Even then it is hard
to find a spot over your head.
JustWait
2009-09-28 00:37:22 UTC
Post by JustWait
I tried to get some Salt Peter for smoking meat. My FIL used it as a
preservative. The pharmacy said they could get me some, then a week
later changed their mind. By the conversation, I assumed "somebody" else
changed their minds for them...
Saltpeter is potassium nitrate, a key ingredient of gunpowder among
other things. It can be ordered online.
http://www.skylighter.com/potassium-nitrate.html
I bet that gets you on a list
If so, we're both on it now. :-)
PS, we took Vic Smith and his wife for a boat ride on Wednesday
afternoon, and attempted an assault on the mighty Estero River just
for grins. The tides and fates were not with us it seems. Squarely
between the channel markers on the outer approach at R30 there was
less than 20 inches of water so we gave it up as a bad idea.
So, you got to take Vic out.. Did you make him swab the deck or was that
only for me;)?

Scott Dickson
2009-09-26 07:26:37 UTC
Post by Don White
Post by Katie Ohara
[...]

I used to have a Public School Principal who took a drop of Iodine on
his tongue every day. Man did his breath smell like it! Gross.
Gene
2009-09-26 12:17:33 UTC
Post by SteveB
Post by Don White
Post by Katie Ohara
[...]
Iodine was the first thing parents used to run to get any time they
saw blood. And who ever told them blowing on it would make it sting
any less?

Anyway, it is available in ALL of the local drug stores.... even
available on the net.
http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/search/search_results.jsp?oss=1&removeAllFacets=true&addFacet=SRCH:tincture
iodine

Ridiculously hard to get, now, is stuff like Claritin-D.
--
Forté Agent 5.00 Build 1171

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by
the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover." - Unknown

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepage
http://pamandgene.tranquilrefuge.net/boating/the_boat/my_boat.htm